Adding a contractor position to your resume can be a bit challenging, especially if you haven`t worked in a traditional employment setting. However, if you`ve been working as a freelancer or an independent contractor and want to showcase your experience on your resume, there are a few things you can do to make sure your skills and expertise are highlighted effectively.
Here are some tips on how to add contractor to your resume:
1. Use the right format: Choose a format that works best for your situation. If you have a lot of experience and want to highlight your skills, use a functional resume format that emphasizes your qualifications. If you have a solid work history, use a chronological resume format that emphasizes your work experiences.
2. Add a section for your contract work: Create a separate section on your resume for your contract work. You can title this section “Contract Work” or “Freelance Work.” This section should include the name of the company or clients you worked with, the dates of your contract, and a short description of the work you performed.
3. Highlight your skills: Since you likely worked on a variety of projects as a contractor, make sure to highlight your skills that are relevant to the job you`re applying for. Use bullet points to list your skills, such as “created content for social media platforms,” “managed website redesign,” or “developed marketing strategies for small businesses.”
4. Include measurable results: Employers love to see measurable results, so make sure to include any quantifiable achievements from your contract work. For example, you can mention that you increased website traffic by 20% or that you created a successful marketing campaign with a 50% conversion rate.
5. Use keywords: As with any resume, make sure to use relevant keywords in your contractor section to optimize it for search engines. Use keywords that describe your skills, such as “SEO,” “content creation,” or “project management.”
Adding your contractor position to your resume may seem daunting, but with the right approach, you can effectively showcase your skills and expertise to potential employers. By following these tips, you can make sure your contract work stands out and gives you an edge over other candidates.