Stephanie Siân Coley – Fine Artist
British, born 1966
A mixed media artist born in Derbyshire, UK, where she still lives and works. Completed a Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) in 2001. As an artist she is really inspired and excited by found materials, which she likes to incorporate in her mixed-media collage artwork. Materials with any age, history or a backstory excite her enormously and she is constantly on the lookout for any ‘new’ additions to add to her ever-growing supply of collage materials.
Her collage process is instinctive and playful. She likes to try and let the materials dictate how she uses them. Ripped edges excite her. She enjoys the juxtapose of images, text, colour and shape. She rarely has much of a prior plan with her artwork, as she feels this really restricts and restrains her process and flow.
Her artwork has been exhibited & sold at venues throughout the UK.
- Paper Works – Aug 2022 – Creative Melbourne Gallery
- Belper Arts Festival – 2022, 21, 20, 19, 18, 16, 15 – Derbyshire
- Melbourne Arts Festival – 2019, 17 – Derbyshire.
- Mixed media work – June 2019 – Derbyshire.
- Collage & Assemblage – Jan 2011 – Leicester.
- Mixed media collage – September 2010 – Derby.
- Collage – 2009/2010 – Liverpool.
- Temptation – June/July 2007 – Derbyshire.
- Black & White – March/April 2007 – Birmingham.
- Wirksworth Festival – Sep 2006 – Derbyshire.
- Growth – June/July 2006 – Derbyshire.
- Brass construction – Oct/Dec 2005 – Staffordshire.
- Pentogram & the elements – May 2005 – Derbyshire.
- Brass with Red lentils – Sept 2001 – Derbyshire.
- Living Sculpture – June 2001 – East Riding Yorkshire.
- University of Derby degree show – June 2001 – Derby.
- The Visitor – March 2001 – East Riding Yorkshire.
- Repetition with Brass – Feb 2001 – Derby.
- Angel in Flight – June 2000 – Derby.
Commissions & art projects have enabled Steph to work with organisations, museums, community associations, artists, charities &, local authorities. Her arts projects have included mural work, installations, sculpture trails, community lead arts projects, workshops & arts activities.
Steph runs demonstrations, talks & workshops, which is a valuable part in helping Steph to question and develop her artwork. She has worked in the arts since 1996. Sharing her passion for the arts is a joy & hopefully she can inspire others to pursue their creative journey.