Stephanie Siân Coley – Fine Artist
British, born 1966
A mixed media artist born in Derbyshire, UK, where she still lives and works. Completed a Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) in 2001. Her artwork often mixes her love of drawing, painting and collage. As an artist she is really inspired and excited by found materials, which she likes to incorporate in her mixed-media artwork. Materials with any age, history or a backstory excite her enormously and she is constantly on the lookout for any ‘new’ additions to add to her ever-growing supply of collage materials.
Her art process is often instinctive and playful. She likes to try and let the materials dictate how she uses them. Ripped edges of paper excite her. Allowing paint to run & flow feels liberating. She enjoys the juxtapose of images, text, colour and shape. She embraces mistakes and she rarely has much of a prior plan with her artwork, as she feels this really restricts and restrains her process and flow.
Commissions & art projects have enabled Steph to work with organisations, museums, community associations, artists, charities &, local authorities. Her arts projects have included mural work, installations, sculpture trails, community lead arts projects, workshops & arts activities.
Steph runs demonstrations, talks & workshops, which is a valuable part in helping Steph to question and develop her artwork. She has worked in the arts since 1996. Sharing her passion for the arts is a joy & hopefully she can inspire others to pursue their creative journey.
Steph’s artwork has been exhibited and sold throughout the UK
- Paper Works – Aug 2022 – Creative Melbourne Gallery
- Belper Arts Festival – 2023, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 16, 15 – Derbyshire
- Melbourne Arts Festival – 2023, 22, 19, 17 – Derbyshire.
- Mixed media work – June 2019 – Derbyshire.
- Collage & Assemblage – Jan 2011 – Leicester.
- Mixed media collage – September 2010 – Derby.
- Collage – 2009/2010 – Liverpool.
- Temptation – June/July 2007 – Derbyshire.
- Black & White – March/April 2007 – Birmingham.
- Wirksworth Festival – Sep 2006 – Derbyshire.
- Growth – June/July 2006 – Derbyshire.
- Brass construction – Oct/Dec 2005 – Staffordshire.
- Pentogram & the elements – May 2005 – Derbyshire.
- Brass with Red lentils – Sept 2001 – Derbyshire.
- Living Sculpture – June 2001 – East Riding Yorkshire.
- University of Derby degree show – June 2001 – Derby.
- The Visitor – March 2001 – East Riding Yorkshire.
- Repetition with Brass – Feb 2001 – Derby.
- Angel in Flight – June 2000 – Derby.